Biotechnology Market Overview
Growth in the incidence and prevalence of chronic illnesses like diabetes and cancer have led the demand for molecular diagnosis, cell therapy, immunotherapies, and new biotechnological products for diagnosis, treatment and biopharmaceutical development. Furthermore, the rising demand for genetics and regenerative medicine and therapies based-diagnostics is fueling the progress of the global biotechnology industry.
Demand for biotechnology-based procedures and practices in clinical trials continue to increase, stimulated by higher success rate and efficacy over conventional methods. Biopharmaceuticals and immunotherapies, along with significant advancement in technologies and laboratory operations, could become the core of the healthcare industry in the future.
Penetration of artificial intelligence in the biotechnology industry, rising demand for agro-based products, reduced costs for gene sequencing, and public funding and support for policies on synthetic biology have fueled the demand for biotechnology industry research and adoption of biotechnology in industries and sectors other than healthcare.
Biotechnology Market Research Insights
- The size of the global blue biotechnology market will increase USD 1.77 billion by 2023, accelerating at a CAGR of approximately 7% during the forecast period. Increasing cancer incidence rates and subsequent demand for non-traditional drug sources are the primary factors expected to drive the growth of this market.
- Biotechnology continues to increase crop yield which is the primary factor positively impacting the global agricultural biotechnology market. The size of the agricultural biotechnology market is expected to increase more than USD 21 billion by 2022.
- The increasing concern about climate change, a rise in investments in R&D, and the growing use of white biotechnology in flavor and fragrance industries are the emerging trends impacting the global white biotechnology market. These trends will propel the market to a 7% CAGR between 2017-2021.
Biotechnology Market Share and Segmentation
Within our biotechnology industry research, we provide deep insights into the market landscape, its segments, and their market share. Our research experts segment this market by technology types, biotechnology applications, and all major activities and sciences within the biotechnology industry.
Our biotechnology market segmentation research offerings include:
- Antibody technologies market
- Agriculture GMO and crop production market
- Artisense and RNAi technology market
- Biologics market
- Biomaterials market
- Cell culture market
- Environmental biotechnology market
- General biotechnology market
- Genetic engineering market
- Gene therapy market
- Genomics market
- Industrial biotechnology market
- Mass spectrometry market
- Microarray market
- Nanobiotechnology market
- Nanomedicine market
- Next generation sequencing market
- Proteomics market
- Tissue engineering market
- Biotech Market by Activities and Sciences
- Cell and tissue culture and engineering market
- DNA coding, mapping, and sequencing market
- Processing biotechnologies market
- Protein sequencing, synthesis, and engineering market
- Subcellular organism research market
- Biotech Market by Technology
- Human health technologies market
- Animal health and marine health technologies market
- Industrial technologies market
- Agricultural technologies market
- Environmental technologies market
- Biotech Market by Application
- Green biotechnology for the agriculture industry
- White biotechnology for industrial processes
- Blue biotechnology for use of sea resources
- Yellow biotechnology for food production
- Grey biotechnology for industrial applications
We at Technavio, with our comprehensive understanding of the biotechnology industry, have been monitoring the latest industry trends and developments to create an in-depth portfolio of market research reports. These reports help our clients identify opportunities within the market and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. Our biotechnology market research reports offer the following insights:
- Biotechnology industry outlook
- Biotechnology industry forecast
- Biotechnology industry statistics
- Biotechnology industry size
- Biotechnology industry trends
- Biotechnology industry growth
Biotech Market Research – Report Catalog