Gastroenterology Market Size
The size of the global gastrointestinal therapeutics market is expected to reach USD 13.8 billion by 2020, accelerating at a CAGR of 6.5% between 2015-2020. This growth in market size is attributed to numerous factors including increasing consumption of biologics, tentative approval of late stage molecules, development of novel therapies using innovative technologies, and improved diagnostic tools increasing the treatment-seeking population.
Additionally, a sudden increase in the number of gastric surgeries across the globe is directly impacting the growth of post-surgical gastroparesis cases across the globe, which will directly propel growth within the gastroparesis drugs market over the next few years. Due to this primary growth factor, the global gastroparesis drugs market will increase USD 940 million between 2016-2021, exceeding USD 7.1 billion in market size by the end of the forecast period. Other factors driving the growth of this market include unmet needs in the industry to increase the R&D in the field and the rising cases of diabetes fueling the prevalence of diabetic gastroparesis. Other insights provided within Technavio’s gastroenterology market reports include:
Gastroenterology Market Insights
- The increasing consumption of biologics for inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) will be one of the major factors that will have a positive impact on the growth of the gastrointestinal therapeutics market size in the coming years. The emergence of biosimilars and the adoption of biosimilars as they contain active pharmaceutical ingredients that are identical to their originator biologic compounds and are also less expensive than biologics will gain traction in this market.
- The global gastroparesis drugs market will accelerate at a CAGR of 3% between 2017-2021. Fast track approvals and acquisitions to change the phase of the market and the introduction of novel ways for the treatment of gastroparesis symptoms are the emerging trends which will gain traction during the forecast period. These trends will positively impact the market's growth.
- The growing preference for minimally invasive (MI) procedures will drive the growth prospects for the global gastrointestinal stents market during the forecast period. Generally, MI surgeries have low-risk complications and other benefits such as reduced costs, shorter hospital stay, faster recovery, lesser pain, fewer post-surgery infections, reduced incision marks, bleeding control, minimal complications, and heightened accuracy.
Gastroenterology Market Share and Segmentation
Within our gastroenterology industry research, we provide deep insights into the gastroenterology market landscape, its segments, and their market share. Our research experts segment the gastroenterology market by tract diseases and organ diseases.
- Gastrointestinal Tract Diseases Market
- Esophagus disorders market
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) market
- Eosinophilic esophagitis market
- Stomach diseases market
- Gastritis market
- Gastroenteritis market
- Gastroparesis market
- Peptic ulcers market
- Colonic diseases market
- Colorectal cancer market
- Colonic polyps’ market
- Ulcerative colitis market
- Small Intestine disorders market
- Celiac disease market
- Crohn's disease market
- Intestinal cancer market
- Gastrointestinal Organs Diseases Market
- Liver diseases market
- Hepatitis A market
- Hepatitis B market
- Hepatitis C market
- Wilson disease market
- Cirrhosis market
- Pancreatic diseases market
- Pancreatitis market
- Cystic fibrosis market
- Gallbladder diseases market
- Gallstone pancreatitis market
- Biliary tract disorders market
We at Technavio, with our comprehensive understanding of the gastroenterology market, have been monitoring the latest industry trends and developments to create an in-depth portfolio of gastroenterology market reports. These reports help our clients identify opportunities within the market and develop effective strategies to optimize their market positions. Our gastroenterology market reports offer the following insights::
- Gastroenterology market size
- Gastroenterology market share
- Gastroenterology market trends
- Gastroenterology market growth
- Gastroenterology market forecast
- Gastroenterology market vendor landscape
- Gastroenterology industry statistics
Gastroenterology Market – Pipeline Clinical Trials
To access the growth patterns of the different markets under the gastroenterology industry, Technavio closely monitors the developments in clinical trials and the latest developments taking place within the gastroenterology market. Further, to predict the changes taking place within gastroenterology industry reports trials colon cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, and liver diseases.
Based on our gastroenterology statistics on clinical trials cover all compound types varying from small molecules to biologics and biosimilars along with vaccines. All our reports classify all clinical trial submissions bases on biosimilars and molecular entity. Further, our healthcare experts ensure that our reports cover all phases of development.
Gastroenterology Market Research – Report Catalog
- Global Crohn’s disease therapies market
- Global cystic fibrosis therapies market
- Gallbladder diseases therapies market
Gastroenterology Clinical Trials – Pipeline Analysis Report
- Pancreatitis - A Pipeline Overview Report
- Primary Biliary Cholangitis (Primary Biliary Cirrhosis) - A Pipeline Analysis Report
- Traveler’s diarrhea - A Pipeline Analysis Report